Google
 
Monday, October 18, 2010
 

Reign Over Me


Reign Over MeIf you have a spare night and just want to feel down or get a good cry than this is the movie for you! It's just an incredibly sad movie. Sure there are a couple of laughs thrown in, with Sandler how can there be not, but the sadness is the majority.

Don't get me wrong, it was a very good movie. Just a bit darker than I had thought. There is a scene with Sandler and Cheadle that is the biggest tear jerker of the movie and one of the biggest I have seen in a while. Then again, I don't seek out sad movies since I can be such a wuss at times.

Pinkett-Smith plays a great character. She is Cheadle's wife and I believe her character is supposed to be unlikeable so she fits in perfect since she is annoying and unlikeable!

Another negative to the movie is Sandler's New York accent. I don't like it. I didn't like it in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" and I don't like it now. Just seems too contrived for me. A minor complaint though as his performance in this dramatic role was pretty good. He showed some depth in this movie and he's moved into an actor and not just a funny man.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.