Google
 
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
 

Up


UpI thought this movie was going to a be funny kids movie with some adult jokes subtly thrown in. What I got was a pretty dark and sad movie. Definitely not what I was expecting.

The opening 10 minutes of the movie is a heart wrenching story about a couple who bond over hero worship and grow old together. Then the wife dies. Pixar amazingly conveys the pain and sadness of the husband. This 10 minute montage was actually the highlight of the movie.

Well, that and Dug the talking dog. He bordered on the annoying side at times as he became slightly overused but they did a decent job not going to him too much. I had a good chuckle when he first appeared and I enjoyed the talking dog gimmick throughout the movie.

What I did find annoying was the little child. Both in his image and his voice. I just didn't think there was enough of a story between the old man and child to carry the whole movie. I dunno, just not too much to this movie and I was having trouble suspending reality for the balloons anyways.

And that bird was wicked annoying too.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.