Google
 
Sunday, August 22, 2010
 

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen


Transformers: Revenge of the FallenI was pleasantly surprised by the first Transformers movie. I was very afraid that they would ruin a childhood memory of mine. Luckily I went away slightly awestruck but VERY happy that they had succeeded in making a movie with a decent plot and was done well visibly.

This movie was more of the same, at least visually and effects wise. However the plot was kind of thrown together and kind of lame. I really didn't care for it much and it was secondary to the battle scenes.

I have some issues that carried over from the first movie though. They make the Autobots a little more human like and the Decepticons are very insect-like and I just don't really understand why. The Decepticons have all these jagged edges and extra tines and things hanging off of them.

It also seems to me that the robots have no scale when they transform into robot form. I mean I believe a mack truck robot (Optimus Prime) would be much larger than a man but it seems like they make him 40+ feet tall. I would think 20 feet or so would probably be right. I dunno, it just bothers me at how big they get versus their transformed selves.

The robot forms are also a bit too complicated. You lose a lot of identity of the robots and they all start seeming like the same grey machines. So that during the battle scenes you could very easily lose track of who was who. I hate this and I think it really takes away from the movie. We need to identify the good guys and even better, our favorites. It's just too hard as it is.

My final two complaints are specific to this movie. The first is for the stupid Jar-Jar Binks characters that were Skids and Mudflap. I found them to be very racist and just plain stupid that actually detracted from the movie. The other character I found odd was JetFire, the old Decepticon turned Autobot. Yes we get it, he's sooo old that he takes form of a Jet that was used from 1964 to 1998. That didn't really add up to me. Then when he transforms into robot form he has a cane. A cane! What is up with that? That left me very confused.

In the end this was only really worth watching if you are a fan of the Transformers genre because it isn't really great for the boring plot or the confusing battle scenes.

Labels:


Comments:
My looming question from the first movie, why are all the new robots created by the Allspark evil and aggressive? That doesn't none are created that are helpful?
 
I agree, I thought they only became evil if you fed them after midnight.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.