Google
 
Sunday, August 22, 2010
 

Despicable Me


Despicable MeI went and saw this movie with my five year old nephew today. He found it hilarious! Sure enough the "fart gun" went over quite well with him.
The movies plot was very scrooge-esque. The evil villain encounters three young girls and eventually his heart grows large and he loves them. Not the most original plot but it works just fine. Jason Segel's character (the nemesis) is a pretty funny secondary character.
The real scene stealers are the several hundred minions (those odd yellow creatures with one or two eyes) as they provide several site gags and some physical humor through out the movie.
I knew going into this it was a kids movie and I wasn't really expecting much. It wasn't my favorite kids movie but there was 3 or 4 times I legitimately laughed aloud at and my nephew did not. I'd like to think it was because those were some adult jokes mixed into the movie. I did laugh at some of the same things he did as well though. This isn't a movie an adult can't sit through but I wouldn't be in a rush to see it without kids.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.