Google
 
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
 

Manually ejecting a DVD from CyberHome's CH-DVD 500 without power to the Unit


CH-DVD 500 fried
So it turns out my DVD player recently died. It was a fun firework filled adventure. There was some odd noises, followed by some smells, followed by some smoke and of course some bursts of light.

All in all a typical electronics nightmare. Alas, my nightmare was not over since I had a small issue of a netflix issued DVD sitting in the now powerless DVD player.

What was I to do? I had not power to use the eject button!

Luckily I have no fear of cracking open any electronics let alone a measly DVD player.
CH-DVD 500 drive tray

When I got inside I noticed that this player just had a simple DVD drive along with some electronic boards. The good news was this meant that there was most likely a manual switch to open the drive tray. Now I just had to get the drive separated from the case front in order to find this button.

If you look at the picture to the right you will see 3 squares and two circles. The squares are tabs that we need to tilt the drive face to unhook. The two circles will slide away from the camera to disconnect the tray from the tray front in order to separate these two pieces so you can pull the DVD unit from the case.

CH-DVD 500 manual eject button
At this point you can easily see the manually eject button what just needs to be pushed in and then the tray can be pulled out by hand. Now if you can come up with a tool to push reach this button without removing the DVD unit then you will be ahead of the game and probably won't end up breaking the tray front like I did!

Labels:


Comments:
This reminds me of when you took apart the cassette player when you were little.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.