Google
 
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
 

Avatar


AvatarWhat movie needs to be 162 minutes long? Surely not this one. I had to watch it in two parts and it was still long.

This movie was also supposed to be a technical masterpiece. I will say one thing we are no closer to life like animated beings. They still look creepy and not human like.

The whole Na'vi world is very cartoony and actually came off as very uncreative to me as I felt like the creatures were all retreads from past cartoons/movies.

I was a bit confused between the "Real world" and the Na'vi world. It was a bit hard to picture the Na'vi being part of the real world and not some matrix like world separate from the human, live film world.

In the end the movie just didn't really make a lot of sense to me and I thought the special effects (CGI) work just wasn't good enough to overcome a boring plot and seemingly unimaginative characters. I don't even want to get into the social commentary that this movie appears to send (Forcing out the natives to achieve wealth) because that was the only clear part of this movie.

Maybe I'm just not a scifi kind of guy but this movie was really bland and the fact it was even in the talk for an Oscar is surprising to me. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone. It should be marketed as a cartoon movie like Pixar's.

Labels:


Comments:
Kevin Costner was great in it though
 
I don't think I get that...
Then again I secretly enjoyed water world when I first saw it... so maybe I just have odd taste.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.