Google
 
Monday, April 19, 2010
 

The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives


The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our LivesBoy oh boy was this book not quite what I expected. It was very heavily tilted towards mathematics and I was not expecting that at all!

The book contains some interest stories and statistics but overall it was just too tedious and might have been over my head. He does try to show you how some common usages of statistics are used incorrectly and he attempts to explain the correct usage. Those parts can be interesting but it is 219 pages and I slogged through them. Attempt to read this book at your own peril. Or at least be ready for some serious mathematical thinking which I clearly was not.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.