Google
 
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
 

SLC Punk


SLC PunkI wasn't a huge Matthew Lillard fan going into this movie and nothing about it made me change my mind.

The movie was set in 1980's Salt Lake City. Lillard is a punk raised by Yuppies in the repressive state that is Utah. I was really bored during this movie. I kept waiting for something, anything to happen. I'm not real sure what this movie was supposed to be about. It just kept introducing people and circling around.

Lillard had monologue after monologue and I must have just missed the point of the movie. I mean at the end of the movie Lillard eventually decided to abandon the punk way and go to Harvard Business school. He did point out that becoming punk was actually his way to fit in and his rebelliousness was actually an act of conformity. If he wanted to create chaos he could do it within the system.

I think. Like I said I had a hard time paying attention to this movie. C movie at best.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.