Google
 
Thursday, December 17, 2009
 

The Life of David Gale


The Life of David GaleThis movie came highly recommended to me. I have discussed the problems with high expectations before. This movie fell into that same trap. I think there was a very good movie locked in here but I felt deflated when I figured out the plot less than a 1/3 of the way through the movie. The transparency of the plot was alarming. It felt like too much was spelled out ahead of the revealing final of the movie.

I did enjoy the movie and thought the idea of the movie and plot was very good. What I did not fully understand was the emotional connect that Kate Winslet's character Bitsey Bloom felt with David Gale. She ends the movie sobbing when she is unable to prevent the death of Gale. I still can't figure out why she was so upset when she started the movie fully convinced he was a murderer. Was it solely because she felt she could have prevented the death? Did she not see that he wanted to make a martyr of himself? Maybe it was not as obvious to her character as it was to the movie viewer but still when she figured the truth of the story why did she not see that he may have been a lead character in the plot?

Frustrating to watch her tear herself apart. I do give the movie a B+ because the plot was good underneath some overbearing points that spelled out the plot too much for my liking.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.