Google
 
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
 

"When the Game Was Ours"


When the Game Was Ours - Larry Bird, Magic Johnson & Jackie MacMullan
This book was written by Larry Bird & Magic Johnson with Jackie MacMullan. I was told this book would contain their story as we had not heard it before. Honestly though, I feel as if the book was just another retelling of the same stories. Maybe I need someone to point out the new content for me but I really felt I had heard these stories all before. I suppose we were given some official insight into the minds of these two superstars but mostly they were just confirming what many had speculated for years. Maybe that is why the stories didn't seem fresh, we had already assumed we knew the truths.


In summation I can not endorse you paying $25+ to buy this book. It might be a nice read if you have not read either of their previous autobiographies or any of the previously written books on the players or their teams.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.