Google
 
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
Top 5 compete


Rat Pack/Big Band songs is the theme for tonight.

Jamie Foxx is the guest tonight... I'm not a big fan.

Kris Allen is singing "The way you look tonight". I can see the women (and boys) swooning for him and I think that helps his cause. He has some real potential with that appeal.

Allison Iraheta is rocking "Someone to watch over me". She just turned 17 during this week. She is such a cute little girl that it is almost tough to picture her being the artist she needs to be. She might be better off losing this competition and coming back in a few years when she can be older. However she is right in the mix this year.

Matt Giraud performs "My Funny Valentine". He's wearing that hat again tonight. Is it a fedora or something else? Either way I think it looks stupid. Even tonight when it would help fit the theme of Rat Pack. Oh ya, he sang too. It was ok. He might be the on to go this week. Him or Danny Gokey I think.

Danny Gokey chose "Come Rain or Come Shine" tonight. I think he is still a one trick pony that is getting old as this competition progresses. In fact it is kind of surprising he has lasted this long. His voice actually worked pretty well tonight until the end when he started going off on a bluesy tangent. He did good enough that I might have to revise my statement above where it is Matt and Danny at the bottom. I still think those two and Allison would make the bottom three this week just be the way the numbers shake out.

Adam "The Seagull" Lambert is singing "Feeling Good" tonight. As usual he will be the one who tweaks the song the most. He's got a shiny white suit on that he must have gotten on one of his "guy shows". He threw the rat pack theme right out the window. I just don't see how anyone can not listen to this guy and not think of rock opera or musical theater. That is the only thing he does. Remind me of Jesus Christ Superstar every time.


So picking the Rat Pack theme is right up there with picking the Disco song. Are they looking for a pop singer or what? Why force them into all these weird themes and genres? That's what I don't get about this show.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.