Google
 
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
7 finalists perform


Disco night... Nothing says pop star like disco tunes!
Also because the judges used their save last week, the bottom two will be sent home this week.

Lil Rounds leads off with "I'm every woman". This might actually be one of her more youthful performances which I believe the judges have been asking of her. The judges did not agree and thought it was a poor performance.

Kris Allen is performing "She works hard for her money". He goes for an acoustic feel. Definitely an interesting take. I was unsure what song it was until the chorus. I think Kris might be the most sellable of the remaining contestants. They would like it if he wins. It was a killer performance that shows exactly how he could fit in as a pop star.

Danny Gokey sings "September" tonight. I think this run is too long for Danny. He is kind of revealing himself as limited and a one trick pony. I think he has been slipping each week and this week did nothing to dispute that fact for me.

Allison chose "Hot Stuff" tonight and comes out laying on the steps. At this point I feel the need to remind everyone she is 16 so I'm not so sure how appropriate this is for her. With that said she did an interesting performance. I see her as Pat Benatar. She really seems to be a rocker more than a pop singer. This performance wasn't great but it shows a bit of who she is. She isn't a ballad singing pop star. She wants to come out and sing Rock N Roll, not pop. She could work very well as the winner.

Disco week HAD to have been made for Adam Lambert. With his hairdo tonight his head looks HUGE next to Ryan. Anyways, he will be butchering "If I can't have you" tonight. His voice really has a whiny quality to it. That always strikes me when he tries to sing softly. He manages to get a couple of seagull screeches in. Is it whiny or nasally? Tough to come up with the exact word to describe it.

Matt is singing "Stayin' Alive". Maybe the best disco song ever. He nails it pretty good. I think he is moving up and up every week. He's come a long way from those first few weeks. I like him now.

Anoop is going to bring down the house with "Dim All the Lights". It wasn't that great of a performance and I think he is going to be in the bottom three and probably headed home tonight as one of the two leaving. Too bad.

So I guess the bottom three will be Lil, Anoop and Danny. Though as always I hope Adam is in there. Lil and Anoop are probably headed home although I can see Danny being sent as well.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.