Google
 
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
7 contestants left


Songs of the cinema tonight. This means we are subjected to the annoying Quentin Tarantino.

Allison leads us off tonight with "I don't want to miss a thing". It wasn't a very inspired performance. It definitely left me wanting from her. Paula loved it. Simon liked her as well.

Anoop is singing "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams. I wonder how much longer Anoop is going to be with us. I didn't think he was a very strong singer when this started. The performance tonight was nice. I would have liked him to kick up the chorus a bit more but he did well.

Adam Lambert is butchering "Born to be wild" tonight. Oh look it is the same performance he does every week. Takes a song and screams ans screeches it to the audience while pretending to be a rock star. The faux-punk look has to be out by now right? We get it, you like dudes. Now go back to the stage where you belong because I don't think you will be selling albums to middle america. Simon nails it on the head calling it the "Rocky Horror Picture Show". True that Simon, true that.

"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" is Matt Giraud's song choice tonight. Our second Bryan Adams song on the night. He does an interesting take on the song. It is slow to get started but once it does it has a nice melody to it. He is getting better as the competition moves along.

Danny Gokey is singing "Endless Love". No glasses for Danny tonight. This is a great romantic song. Danny doesn't quite do it justice. It is a good performance though especially when he starts belting out the song. He needs to lose the George Michael beard though.

Kris Allen sang "Falling Slowly" tonight. An obscure song. I think he did the song pretty well and similar to the original.

Lil is singing "The Rose". She sounds pretty bad to start for me. Is she nasally? Her voice is a bit shaky. It almost doesn't even sound like her tonight. She did sound off tonight to me.

I think Lil might be in trouble. I'll throw in Kris and Anoop in the bottom thee as well. Still rooting for Adam though.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.