Google
 
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8 -
11 Finalists Compete


So here we are down to eleven finalists. Tonight they will be singing country music! Grande Ole Opry style! Randy Travis is going to be their guide for this week.

Leading off is Michael Sarver who sings "Ain't going down 'til the sun comes up". That is risky and Randy says so. Luckily I think his voice lends him to this type of song. Should be in his wheel house as I have seen him as a country singer from the get go. Ugh he only does a sub par rendition of the song.

Allison is singing "Blame It On Your Heart". Se makes it into a rock song despite it being a country song. I like her. this song might not blow me away but I like her enough to try to push her to the next round. he she is great and should be a potential winner.

Kris Allen is performing Garth Brook's "Make You Feel My Love". Umm it was plain and boring and it was over faster than I thought it would be.

Lil Rounds will be singing "Independence Day" which was originally done by Martina McBride. She was ok. She is one of the singers that is hurt by country night. She was good but didn't knock my socks off.

Adam "the douche bag" Lambert is singing next. Country music should show how bad this kid is. I bet the judges will still love him. He is doing "ring of fire". Randy Travis is speechless going into it. Crater face does a very Doors-y version of the song. It is very slow and to be honest, terrible. It was a bit to mid-eastern for me. No doubt the judges will praise it and he will be safe for another week.

Ugh, I still hate him.

Scott MacIntyre is singing "Wild Angels". Another boring song for this guy. He can't stay alive if he keeps boring the audience with these songs. At some point he needs to wow us. BORING.

Alexis Grace is bringing us "Jolene" which is a Dolly Parton song. She has some potential. I think we haven't scratched her surface quite yet. It would be a shame to get rid of her so early. Her song was just ok. She sang it well but didn't blow away.

Danny Gokey sang "Jesus take the wheel" that Carrie Underwood sang. Always good to sing an Idol song because the judges can then draw the parallel to a favorite singer of theirs. He did a good job. I liked it.

Anoop Desai is doing "Always on my mind". I do like this guy. This song is a bit more serious than I would expect out of him. It was a nice song that he actually was able to sing well. It wasn't one of those songs that he chose to be fun. It actually fit his voice and bang it out.

Megan Corkrey is singing "I go walking after midnight". Randy thinks it has been overdone but she was able to make it unique. I know people don't like her but I think her voice is totally in right now and she is marketable at this point. Maybe not when Idol is over but right now the blues/Jazz voice she is made for is currently in vogue as Adele has proven. The song was good but not great. He soul/jzz song version fits what she is aiming for.

Matt Giraud is singing "So small" which was performed by Carrie Underwood. Performing an Idol winner's song is usually a good way to garner judges praise. This has to be a completely different version though since, for starters, they are of opposite sex. Matt's performance is one that makes me want to think it is going to bust through the roof but it never quite gets there. Which is too bad because this is the one time I want to like him. He's so close to winning me over. Not there yet.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.