Google
 
Thursday, March 26, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
10 Finalists Compete


Motown night tonight for the 10 remaining contestants.

Matt Giraud starts with "Let's get it on". Matt might be growing on me a little bit. This wasn't a bad way to start the show. I'm still not sure where he fits as an artist and he doesn't wow me enough.

Kris Allen sang "How sweet it is" tonight. He kind of took a great song and broke up the rhythm of the song by singing it in a herky jerky fashion. Not a very good rendition of the song for my taste. I still think people like him to win it.

Scott MacIntyre picked "You Can't Hurry Love", the first singer to cross the gender line with his song. He still creeps me out with the staring. Not surprisingly it is like every other song he has done. He slows down the tempo and stretches the notes. At least that is how he begins the song. He then kicks up the piano and the beat. Unfortunately his voice stays in the sing song voice and doesn't really seem to be able to keep up with the song.

Megan Joy Corkrey has picked "For Once in My Life". She is absolutely adorable. Her voice style doesn't change much for each song. It's a nice style and I like it but it doesn't fit for each week. Tonight is one of those times it doesn't quite fit. I think she is going to be a winner out of this whole contest because we will hear from her again even when she doesn't win Idol. I hope she lasts a long time because I like her.

Anoops turn! He is singing "Ohh baby baby". It was a nice version of the song. He handled the song well.

Michael Sarver is singing "Ain't too proud to beg". He is very bland to me. I see nothing really special about him or his singing. His performance tonight does nothing to change my mind about either.

Lil Rounds is doing "Heatwave". She belts it out but I don't think it was a great performance for her. Not terrible by any means but I expect a bit more from her.

Here comes the ball of douche Adam Lambert "Tracks of my Tears". He has his hair all done up in a motown era slick back. Any thing to get rid of that crappy hair cut he has. Trying to do a little too much falsetto for my liking. He didn't ruin this song as much as he has others. I don't get why the judges keep eating him up though.

Danny Gokey is singing "Get Ready" tonight. He is losing some shine for me. He does ok tonight, but didn't blow me away. He's solid and entertaining but that isn't enough at this point.

Allison Iraheta is wrapping up the show with "Poppa was a rolling stone". I've come to expect a lot from Allison and tonight I think she didn't pick the best song for her. It wasn't bad but didn't have the wow factor I hope to get from her.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.