Google
 
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
Hollywood Round #4


Two action packed (hopefully) hours tonight. Can't wait. They added sing offs! Way to stress these kids out even more!

54 contests remain and 36 will make it to the finals. If I do my math correctly that means 18 people will be cut.

Each contestant has a long walk to the judges. The first to talk that walk is Anoop Desai. I liked him. He is the Indian guy who dressed a bit too uptight. I like him but his singing isn't great. He makes it and Doug is happy. I like Anoop. I also think Idol likes his ethnicity. 1 contestant in and I am no upset so far.

Von Smith is the second contestant up. I don't think I like him. He might change my mind. He made a key decision to switch up his styles the last night and it paid off.

Cody Sheldon, the amateur horror film maker, is asked to sing one more time to earn his spot. This is the first sing off. I don't like his stringy dirty hair. God that irritates me.
Alex Wagner-Trugman is the 2nd contestant in the sing off. The kicker to the sing off is that Cody and Alex had become friends. A delicious plot twist.
Judging solely on looks I prefer Alex. The judges must agree with me as they pick Alex.

I hate Adam Lambert. I hate his whole look. I will be saying negative things about him all season as he makes it into the final 36.

Taylor Vaifanua is the first woman on the chopping block. She's potentially a cute girl. I liked her day three song. Thankfully she makes it. So we know there is at least one decent looking girl.

Jasmine Murray (Sam Cassell), Arianna Afsar, Casey Carlson (cute), Megan Cokrey (cute 3/4 sleeve tattoo), Mishavonna Henson and Stevie Wright all make it into the final 36. Some decent looking girls in there. That will keep me around for a few weeks.

Joanna Pacitti looks pretty good on stage but she forgot her lyrics in most of her songs. She's had some experience with labels and in the biz. She gets a chance in season 8. I thought she might get cut just for the lyrics alone.

T.K. Hash, Chris Chatman and Reggi Beasley are the first 3 men cut.

Kendall Beard is a cute little bubbly blonde. The judges don't really like her song choices, thinking she was going to old. She makes the cut though but needs to pick songs that work on her bubbly persona.

Jenn Korbee (who made it to Hollywood with her husband) is facing a sing off with Kristin McNamara (part of that horrible threesome that Tatiana tried to switch to). The judges pick Kristin but tell her that she needs to work on her image because she is a mess. Cut to her turquoise boots.

Alexis Grace, a mother of a little girl, with her sweet pink streaked hair make it to season 8.

Scott Macintyre, the blind guy, makes the cut. This will be interesting to see how or if the blindness plays into his stay on Idol.

Lil Rounds, the first black woman to face the judges tonight, makes it.

That pretty much wraps up the first hour. Still 13 people or so to disappoint.

Felicia Barton and Ashley Hollister, Devon Baldwin get axed. First 3 girls to get sent home. Down to 10 cuts remaining.

Frankie Jordan, the stay at home mom, and Jesse Langseth are having a sing off. Frankie gets a "well that makes the decision easier" from Simon. That was not a good thing Frankie. Lucky for her Jesse gets a "horrible song" from Simon. Neither one is good looking enough for me to choose over the other. Jesse makes the cut. Simon lets Frankie know he didn't think she would've been able to win. Kind of insulting but he was honestly trying to tell her don't feel too bad because she wouldn't have made it too far. I have to agree with him. She didn't miss the opportunity of a life time.

Shera Lawrence and Derik Lavers get cut. 7 cuts to go.

Allison Iraheta, a 16 year old with dyed magenta hair. I liked her singing but she was singing Kelly Clarkson and quite frankly I think she might be a little too comparable to Clarkson and this would not help her in the long run. Anyways, she makes it to Season 8. Interesting girl to keep an eye on.

Danny (of Danny and Jamar) is on the block. They warn him to stay relevant as they slide him into season 8. Jamar is up next. I am absolutely shocked that he does not make it to season 8. I liked his "Hey There Delilah" and I thought the judges loved him. I am very shocked, first shock of the season for me.

6 cuts remaining. Is Danny going to be strong enough to go on alone?

Ricky Braddy (who?), Matt Giraud, Ju'not Joyner, Jorge Nunez and Brent Keith all make it through.

Stephen Fowler, the big black dude with a big afro, is on the block next. He is the one who forgot the lyrics on the last day. He also walked off after forgetting the lyrics. The judges still let him through. Kind of a surprise after bombing that last performance but acceptable.

Nick Mitchell (Norman) is up next. He is the big class clown. Will the humor help or hurt him? Nick says he would love to perform as his character. Apparently that is what the judges want. They allow him to be a part of season 8. He, if nothing else, will add some humor and entertainment to the show. Oh ya, he also can sing a bit too.

Jackie Tohn actually might grow on me. She does seem like she might be fun. I'm not thrilled with her bluesy nasally voice and style. I'm curious to see if like her on the show because I will be seeing her again.

Tatiana Del Toro is the most annoying person I have seen in a long long time. She is also a big boned girl. I hate her laugh too. Simon give Paula some good ribbing about Paula giving Tatiana a ring from her collection. They let Tatiana through to season 8. I guess we know who all the haters will be voting for now.

Jackie Midkiff and Nathaniel Marshall are having a sing off. You know Nathaniel as the annoyingly faggy (that's an ok word right? It's not disparaging if it is describing him right?) crying kid who is always whining and crying. I am rooting for Jackie 1000% percent because I don't want to see any more of Nathaniel. Unfortunately the judges do not take my feelings into consideration and they allow Nathaniel to join the final 36.


5 more cuts to make.

Jeanine Vailes, Kai Kalama, Anne Marie Boskovich (kind of cute) and Kris Allen make the final 36.

Matt Breitzke (a welder) and Michael Sarver (roughneck on an oil rig) are in a battle for the final spot. I am not sure where the other cuts have gone. I am especially confused as Matt and Michael both make it.

Damn editing really screws up my counts. I will save it for another post to list the top 36 and probably rank the final women based on looks. Maybe even if there is time I will list the guys by level of annoyance.

They will be performing in groups of 12 next week. The first group of 12 will be:
Casey Carlson (who I think is hot in a quirky way)
Stephen Fowler
Jackie Tohn (hit or miss)
Ricky Braddy
Anne Marie Boskovich (Potentially very hot)
Some dude named Keith?
Alexis Grace (single mom, pink streaks in her hair)
Michael Sarver (roughneck, chicks might dig it)
Stevie Wright (unsure how she looks)
Danny Goeke (I like him)
Tatiana Del Toro (I hate her)
Anoop Desai (I am amused by him)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.