Google
 
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
 

American Idol - Season 8
Hollywood Round #1


Hollywood week! 147 contestants have made it this far.

Special guest star is none other than Barry Manilow!

Day 1 is half the contestants. They take the stage in groups of 8 in front of the judges and the remaining contestants. This is without the background bands.

I love how they separate the group into 2 lines and then call out the front or back row to leave ... or stay.

Just for the record I too found Dennis Brigham extremely annoying.

Singing in this arena makes a lot of the singers sound much different than the auditions.

Nathaniel Marshall is dressed like an ass. Turquoise T-shirt over a plaid dress shirt with a orange and blue striped tie. Add this in with two terrible lip piercings, or what ever the studs below the lip is called, than he looks like an idiot. Than he uses a sob story to explain his lame song choice. Add in tears as well. I'm totally rooting against him.

Anoop Desai is up next. He is the indian guy that Simon made fun of. He is dressed much better today. More modern and younger, he looks and sounds good.

Jasmine Murray is a strong singer. She is the one I compared to Sam Cassell.

Rose Flack is like "Hi guys its me Rose". I liked that. It plays into her dumb hippie routine. At least she is wearing shoes this time! I kind of like her better now than I did in her audition. She didn't sing that well though.

Simon says "You are all unfortunatly in the same boat, so you can stay where you are" and the proceeds to tell them they get to stay. A nice setup.

Nick Mitchell or "Norman Gentle" was the big huge comedian during auditions. He is terrible singing and way to cruise singer. Which is too bad because underneath it all he actually has a decent voice. He makes it through. I think they just like having him around a bit longer to amuse themselves through this long drawn out process.

Now we start up day 2 with the second half of the contestants. Hope they enjoyed their sight seeing!

Jackie Tohn is the bluesy girl. I think the judges might like her style but her song was terrible. They like having one of these girls in the bunch.

I might be right because they send her on to live another day.

Let me take this time to say where are all the hot chicks? Are they saving them up? Are they getting kicked off?

Danny Gokey(who recently lost his wife) and Jamar Rogers(his best friend with the weird cheek piercing) are in the same group and the judges predictably keep the pair.

"Bikini girl" Katrina Darrell thinks she is hot stuff. I hate her for the arrogance. Luckily she isn't that great of a singer. This should be the end of the road for her but I imagine they may keep her around because she is recognizable. She looks like she might be latina or pacific islander or something, I'm curious on what.

Ha, she makes it through. I'm shocked... She has no chance at making the finals though.

I'm shocked at a few of the people they show getting cut. Jessica Furney, the young caretaker who has a little Lisa Loeb thing going on, Sharon Wilbur who is a good looking woman who brought her dog to the audition, Patricia Roman who had the large joyous partying family all got sent home. A little shocked by them being sent home.

They really gloss over who makes it and who doesn't. This pisses me off. I want to see every person whether they make it or not. Ok fine, I really just want to see the hot chicks. But can you blame me?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.