Google
 
Monday, January 05, 2009
 

What's G - Gatorade's new commercials



gatorade rebranding
If you watched football on sunday then you were forced to see Gatorade's new commercials. The "What's G" commercials appear to be in coinciding with the rebranding of gatorade as "G". I had to double clutch this weekend to ensure I was buying the correct product. Even worse was I could not find what flavor I was buying. It looked orange but I have been fooled before by the god awful citrus flavor.

Back to the commercials. These commercials are almost shot with a "live" camera filter. They people look very creepy as we pan over them. I'm not exactly sure how this effect is created but it freaks me out a little. I also find it curious that they are using lesser known "Athletes" to promote their product. Demographic grab? Missy May and Jabberwocky are going to get more people to drink your beverage?

I'm not a marketing guy but I know these commercials freak me out and I know when a product is making a desperate "hail mary" to a younger audience. The shortening of the brandname to a "hip" phrase, such as G, is a definite grab for the youth market.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.