Google
 
Thursday, July 31, 2008
 

Artest Deal Off to Rocky Start?


Ron Artest was traded to the Houston Rockets this past week and joins Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. Artest is best known for inciting the riot in Detriot where (along with Stephen Jackson) he entered the stands throwing punches.

"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said, according to the Chronicle.

When asked about those comments, Artest said Yao had bought into "all the propaganda" about him, according to The Sacramento Bee.

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.