Google
 
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
 

Google to have its own browser?


http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9756794-7.html

Add to Google Earth the Google word processor, spreadsheet, slide presentation program, and the many other browser apps in development, and it really starts to seem like a good possibility that Google would build their own browser. Along with support for applications, they could also increase security for those apps and monetize it all on several levels.



This actually concerns me. I really think Google is the biggest challenge to Microsoft in the future. No one likes to root for Goliath (Microsoft) but isn't the real danger having TWO Goliaths? This would be like the PC/Apple wars back in the 'olden' days. Compatibility is the key to coexistence. Would Mac's be as popular today if PC user's couldn't read their documents or see their pictures?

Now I am all for competition but Google scares/bothers me. I find them to be sneaky. Not out right so but sneaky-sneaky. They are leading the "anti-Microsoft" type charge but they themselves yearn to be Microsoft. It is like someone being anti-Castro in hopes of taking the island over for themselves (man I wish I was smart enough to come up with a real life example, any help?).

Comments:
Bingo. Seriously though, it's worse than that. Two 800lb gorillas in world, bad enough. But Google is already in control of way too much private info. As much as I root for them to fix the problems in the world, I also warn against them running the whole show. Most of Google's ideas are good, and for the most part, fair. But as far as I'm concerned, people already trust them with way too much. There are companies out there using Gmail as their primary mail server...does that really seem safe to people?
 
I am ok with google scanning my e-mail to give me contextual ads. I am using the service for free. But Corporations??? are you kidding me? It is so easy to set up a simple pop server for a company. If your company doesn't have ANY sensitive information then maybe it doesn't need to exist anymore.
 
And let it be noticed I like google products. I am using their Blogger (google owned) and their gmail for my main email now.

I like idealism, I just think people should take note that Google is a company and is ultimately out to make money too.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.