Google
 
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
 

Ok, we get it. football players are tough


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/040922

Ok so noone on the Philadelphia Eagles has worn a protective cup since 1999? Isn't that crazy. I know why some players wouldn't want to wear them (recievers and defensive backs need all the speed they can get), but why did linemen stop wearing them?

Shocking discovery to say the least. I guess you don't get hit there as often as you think you would...


2 follow ups of my own stories.
Someone once asked me if we wore cups while we played basketball. I laughed at him.

Once in high school, during a play I got whacked in the gentlemenly parts. A foul was called on someone and we lined up at the foul line. I was in some pretty good pain, but i was trying not to show it, as I was leaning over and wincing while the kid shot his foul shots. After the game my dad goes "Took a pretty good shot there, huh?". I guess it was pretty obvious what had happened because everyone around us had a good laugh.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.