Google
 
Monday, May 10, 2004
 

I ordered a re-keying kit


It should arrive via ups on thursday, so then I will have my pins so that I can re-key my locks. So I actually need to buy my new deadbolt (for the basement) by then. That way I can re-key all the locks to use the one new key (from the new Schlage deadbolt I will buy).

I opened up a core from one of my locks now, I think I can do this.

This is the kit I bought: http://www.kwiklocks.com/schlage/s-keying_kits.html You can't link right to the item, so it is item 40-134, and I bought it for $36.47. It was like $45 after shipping. So add on the price of a new deadbolt (about $20) then the $65 I am spending is alot less than the $250ish I was quoted to have my locks rekeyed and a deadbolt installed.

So now, installing the deadbolt has become priority 1, since I need ot do that all in 1 day. Then I can re-key at my leisure. I can do that at nights if I have to since it is quiet.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.