Google
 
Friday, March 19, 2004
 

My house vs the internet



Well, I thought I was close enough to a CO to get DSL. Yet everyone is telling me my line is not DSL ready.

This is a setback. I could go with cable. Comcast or Earthlink, but probably Earthlink since they have 384 kbps up versus Comacast's 256 kbps up. Does that little extra 128 help? maybe, I do like to serve things from my house. Of course, I have not taken into consideration the fact that if I use Comcast, that I may get a discount on my phone and television (which are also through them). They tend to give package discounts. Of course the price of the actual internet is not an issue since my company reimburses up to $50 a month.


What to do? What to do?

I am wondering if I am not DSL ready because I am using Comcast's phone service. Anyone out there know if this would cause me to be unable to recieve DSL? If thats the case, then Verizon might be getting a call from me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.