Google
 
Monday, February 09, 2004
 

gay marriages


I felt I needed to move the commenting back up here, so y'all can see it again and maybe get fresh blood in with it.


The gay marriage thread



as far as the fact that this is about civil marriages and not religous marriages has been mentioned in this thread. Marriage was originally a religous thing that got brought into the goverment. So really, all goverment marriages should be 'civil unions' and not 'marriages' as those should be left in the church. I think this brings up a clear point of the seperation of church and state. Perhaps an easy solution is to rid the constitution of all references to marriages and only allow civil unions. Thus gay civil unions and hetero civil unions would be equal and thus accepted by the SCJ. I think I just solved the problem.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.