Google
 
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 

the commute today



If you live in the Greater Boston area today, commute via highways to work, and didn't shoot yourself, congratulations.

Today's commute was being rated as the worst many people have EVER SEEN. I got on the highway with out checking the traffic report(my bad). I leave late (10 am) to avoid what is already a long, horrible drive during the rush hour. I left later than usual this morning (around 10:20). I jumped on to the highway and stopped. After going stop and go for a few miles, I began to worry that it was not merely a construction delay or minor accident. I tried to call Smartraveler to get the traffic reports, but for the first time since i first started commuting (5 years ago) the line was busy. After trying a few more times, i finally got through. For each road there was a generic message first. The Metro Boston area is a mess due to snow squalls and icy conditions. At least during last years record setting blizzard, everyone knew it was coming and thus stayed of the roads, so there was no delay like this.

Boston, is a mess right now, and the snow season has barely started. Last night my house recieved a dusting and my ride tripled in length, imagine if we got a foot. It is times like these I am glad to have a job that allows me to work at home.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.