Google
 
Sunday, September 21, 2003
 

Thoughts while watching the Emmy's



How ugly is Sarah Jessica Parker? She gives me nightmares.
Also ugly: Debra Messing and Kim Cattrel



Wanda Sikes (is that her name? Its not worth my effort to find out for sure), she didnt make the all ugly team from above (I am not saying she is a gorgeous woman though, not by a long shot), but she was dreadfully boring. I guess I just don't get her.

I did see her with Cosby. Man I wish he didnt have sunglasses on so I could see just how unimpressed he was with her.



hmmmm, Jon Stewart, funny guy liked his piece and speech.

I have to admit the emmy's were my secondary show this night though. The Miami Buffalo game had my main interest because "Conference games on the road are the toughest". Oh ya, the gambling helped too.

I think I remeber watching the emmy's last year as Everbody loves Raymond swept them last year. This year however, Debra Messing won best actress in a comedy. She even admitted it, She is not funny. She isnot even funny on her own show.

Will and Grace? More like Jack and Karen. Sure there is a reason they are the supporting cast but lets be honest, they carry the show. If its not a good Jack and Karen episode, then its not a good episode. They are the characters that make it a comedy. Will and Grace are not funny characters(or people in real life).

Terrible shame.

I also wonder why HBO shows are included in the Emmys. Doesn't seem fair. They are not held to the same standards the networks are. Sex and the City can show boobs, but Friends can't. Imagine the ratings for the network shows if boobs were allowed.
The sopranos with out the glorified violence? No show. (I am assuming there is extra non-network violence on the sopranos, as I have never seen the show. I am actully not a huge gangster/scarface genre fan anyways)

With that said I am sure these are fine shows, and worthy of mention, but still. It is apples and oranges as far as I am concerned and the HBO shows do not belong competing with the networks.


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.