Google
 
Wednesday, September 24, 2003
 

Jimmy V said Don't ever give up ...



I had to follow the sox game on my cell phone last night becuase i was at dinner. When the sox gave up that extra run in the 9th I thought It was over and gave up, especially when my cell started giving me trouble.

I get home, watch a movie. After the movie I flip on Sportscenter,sox are the 2nd game to be done. I settle in to see the loss. Then Mr. Walker comes up. After signing Walker this winter I thought he'd be a decent addiiton at 2nd for the sox. Especially since his swing seemed made for Fenway and the monster. Of course hitting a two run homer to a pretty darn deep right field is pretty impressive.
Excellent pickup Theo.

Wait. Didnt Theo sign too many 1b/dh types? Ya. He probably should not have signed the last one. That David Ortiz guy has turned out to be a bum. I went to a sox game in May. Ortiz comes up with runners in scoring position and the sox done. I start calling him a bum. The people behind me disagreed. I know stand to tell them; they were right. Wow. He is the sox MVP. Easily.

I hope he gets serious consideration for MVP for the AL. He is hitting about .600 after a Manny intentional walk.
Definatly the best offseason move the sox made.


Now I will get to use my playoff tickets.

quick edit --- seattle loses in extra innings: MAGIC NUMBER 2

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.