Google
 
Tuesday, July 01, 2003
 

The worst car??


As a former proud owner of a 1988 plymouth reliant, this list strikes close to home for me. http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Worst-Cars/results1.html



Funny thing is, I almost appreciate my k-car more after reading this list. Sure it couldn't accelerate at a decent speed, meaning I would almost get passed by 18 wheelers on higway onramps, but of course we all know about my k-car's top end. She sure coudl move. 97 mph according to the New York State Troopers. In fairness though, I believe I was caught going down hill. I still remeber that day.


First trip back home after leaving for college. I was on Interstate 88 heading east , about 30 minutes form oneonta. The trip was already becoming boring. I decided it might be fun to see how fast I can get the k-car going along this boring desolate stretch of highway. I slowly (and i mean slowly) pushed the k-car abouve 75 then the needle slipped past the 85 mph mark on my spedometer which was also the last markings of the spedometer, it is at this point i lose accuracy on measuring my speed. I still think I got a hand signal form a car I was passing. I believe that the man behind the wheel was telling me to slow down as if to signal a speed trap. Nonetheless here I go speeding along. I come over the hill and there he was. In his Purple glory, the state trooper was out of his car signalling for me to pull over. So what do I do? I of course decide to pull over. Smart thing would have been to slow down and pull over in FRONT of his cruiser (where he already had 1 car lined up, presumably having been caught speeding). As I attempted to stop for this trooper I found my self coming up to his rear bumper with a great amount of speed. Ahhh the fear that went through me as I feared that I would pin the trooper between my car and his own. Luckily I was able to stop (with a little screeching of the tires) with out hitting the officer. It was only a short time later that he informed me that my car (the 1988 plymouth reliant that my grandmother had owned for roughly 10 years and which had had its mileage double in the 1.5 years my sister had used it) was caught on radar going 97 mph.



97 mph


I was almost proud to tell my parents. Well maybe not my parents but my friends were sure as hell shocked when I told them 97 mph!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


Expedia's Stock:
EXPE Stock
.